Monday, January 16, 2012

2012...New Year's Resolutions....

One of my more "exciting" New Year's Resolutions for 2012 is to make a better attempt at keeping a blog....and also to get around to making a Tudor gown!

So to quickly recap the year in costumes...
LeeLoo

This was a very last minute attempt to make a LeeLoo costume for a "Cowboys and Aliens Bop".  The majority of the costume was relatively easy apart from the braces.   There's a fantastic tutorial on how to make proper silicon braces here: ihttp://jiajem.com/tutorials/leeloo-suspenders/ but lacking time and equipment, I went hunting in my favourite costume supply shop - Primark! - and found a cheap pair of orange jeans...the whole thing took about 3/4 hours.

Alice in Wonderland:
favourite part of this was by far the face paint!




Halloween:
Tea-stained ripped up sheets....nightmare to make...


Vaudeville Rave:
Pity I don't have better photos of this - but the dress was a ball gown that I completely ripped apart and added a corset to. Fantastic night!  




Woodstock:
Hippy Love (new use for my "regency dress")



Anything BUT clothes:
I think my favourite costume from last year! Yes, that is rolls and rolls of "Fragile tape"


Sub-fuscing it up: 
Technically not fancy dress - but I think my huge bow should be introduced as officially part of the dress code - way neater instead of those silly ribbons!   


And finally - 1920's Birthday Party:

:)




No comments:

Post a Comment